Monday, April 27, 2009

The Other Path

Friends of the Path,

I just wanted to shoot you a quick email on the status of Path #7.

We completed principal photography on the episode last Saturday, with pick-up shots on Wednesday.

As this episode is extremely heavy with green screen shots (95% of the episode is green screen), I decided to turn the editing over to my good friend and professional editor, Jason Makiaris. He's about 100 times more knowledgeable than I with editing issues and far more patient when it comes to making sure that the product looks good. As a result, when the episode is finally finished, it will look amazing.

The trade off is expediency. I tend to shoot fast, edit recklessly and upload a little to soon. While I made my self-imposed deadline of weekly episodes, they tended to have major quality issues. The first six episodes have been a proof of concept in regard to viability of shooting a show weekly with 9 possible plot lines. The final two episodes of this season I'm going the other direction and trying to make them as competent and professional as possible. The story merits this decisions as does your loyalty.

If this seems like a flowery way of telling you "Path #7 is a little late", you might be right. I think Tuesday or Wednesday is the target date as of now, but greatness cannot be rushed.

But evidently it can be apologized for.

Thanks for your patience,

Mike McCafferty

No comments:

Post a Comment